Sunday, July 5, 2015

Introduction

Welcome to HopCat Beer, where I intend to review the substantial menu of beers available at HopCat. These reviews will hopefully guide you in choosing your own beer at HopCat, but also sometimes offer reflections on beer itself and our special relationship to it.

Firstly, I will introduce myself. I am 23 years old, an Ann Arbor transplant but native at heart. I attend grad school at the University of Michigan and drink for hobby. As such, I have no special training to bring to this review process, such as culinary school or a profession in the beer industry. What I do have is a passion for beer and other alcoholic beverages, an analytical bent forged in my professional training, and the stamina to endure the grueling series of hangovers that this journey will no doubt entail.

Secondly, a message to prospective readers. Much love to you, dear beer enthusiasts, for being the kind of people unwilling to compromise on a night out drinking by accidentally choosing a bad beer. You deserve the best bar experience you can get, and I'm here to try to make sure that you have the information to make proper choices.

This project began after my second trip to HopCat and took a while to fully conceptualize and set up, so the first few reviews aren't as immediate to memory as I'd like them to be, and I promise increased detail as the process continues. Overwhelmed by our first trip to HopCat, my girlfriend and I spent nearly a half hour looking over the menu and wished for a better way to decide what to drink than blind chance. My girlfriend looked for a blog such as this in the coming days and suggested that I carry out the project to fill this need. After a lot of excitement the website is up and running!

I encourage you to share this website with friends, follow @hopcatbeer on Twitter, and like HopCatBeer on Facebook to make sure that you don't miss any of the reviews! If you feel like being a part of this adventure, buy me a beer to help keep the process rolling! http://gogetfunding.com/hopcat-beer/

No comments:

Post a Comment